Easy Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe for Kids
Make Saturday mornings even more special with this quick and easy pumpkin pancakes recipe.
Cheat a little bit, and start with prepared Bisquick mix and store bought pumpkin pie spice.
Let the kids help mix the ingredients, and have fun decorating the pancakes with whip cream faces, some boo-berries (a.k.a. blue berries) or for an extra special treat, a few chocolate chips. Yum!
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick Mix
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable or corn oil
- 2 tbs sugar (optional)
- 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat, about 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, stir all ingredients until well blended.
- Grease pan with non-stick spray, or rub lightly with butter. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook until edges are dry, flip, until golden brown.
- Optional: Serve with dabble of whip cream or light dusting of powdered sugar.
- Set your oven on the lowest temperature, and store pancakes in warm oven on a ceramic plate while you make the whole batch. Then the whole family can sit down and enjoy warm pumpkin pancakes together!
- You can make faces in the batter by using a little bit of pure pumpkin puree on the top side of the pancake before flipping.
Makes about 12 pancakes