Parents rejoice! From maker parents to picky eaters, the best parenting books inspire imaginative thinking, optimism, and fresh-ideas for child rearing.
Sure, there’s lots of kitsch parenting books out there, but not on our list! Our choices focus on real parenting solutions and family-friendly ways for engaging children.[sc: inlinead]
Latest Parenting Book Trends
- Maker parenting. Books for sharing your love of inventing, creating, and making with your child. The spirit of DIY is something to share with children (while having fun as parents!)
- Snack-size parenting science. Research-based books with just-the-right-amount of neuroscience, child development, and psychology in a non-overwhelming, engaging manner. Want to truly understand your child? Read some scientific insights into their mind.
- Positive solutions. Books for rethinking what it means to be a parent, without all the negativity. Parenting can be hard, but isn’t everything that’s worthwhile in life?
Best Parenting Books for Makers to Picky Eaters
1. How Toddlers Thrive
by Tovah P Klein
Thoughtful insights into the toddler mind and how parents can establish connection during these chaotic years of early childhood.
3. The Smartest Kids in the World
by Amanda Ripley
Fascinating insights into whatu2019s working (and what's not) in educational systems around the world.
4. No-Drama Discipline
by Daniel J. Siegel, Tina Payne Bryson
True discipline isnu2019t about punishment, but about teaching, connecting, and redirecting behavior.
5. All Joy and No Fun
by Jennifer Senior
Why do we make parenting so hard? The book examines how parenthood transforms lives, and why PARENTING often gets in the way.
6. Maker Dad[sc:book49]
7. It’s Not About the Broccoli
by Dina Rose
Healthy eating isn't just about nutrition; it's about instilling good food skills and choices.