Don’t spend money on expensive diaper wipes filled with unnatural ingredients, when it’s so easy to make your own natural homemade baby wipes at home.
You can use whichever brands of baby products prefer, but we like using a lavender baby shampoo to soothe the smell of diaper changing!
The baby shampoo in this recipe sterilizes the wipes, but if you are a real purist, you can boil the water first, to start super-fresh.
Tip: You can also make a small-batch of wipes in a zip-lock bag — perfect for travel or on the road emergency changes.
And even if you rely on store-bought brands, this recipe may come in handy, when you run out of wipes at midnight!
Homemade Baby Wipes Recipe
- 1 roll Bounty or Viva paper towels
- 1 tablespoon baby oil
- 2 tablespoon baby shampoo
- 3 cups water
- Cut paper towels in half (to make two toilet paper sized rolls)
- Pull out card-board rollers from each half.
- Put each roll in a #6 Rubbermaid container, or similar closed-lid plastic tub.
- Mix together baby oil, shampoo, and water. Pour half over each roll.
- Pull homemade baby wipes out from center of roll.