Cheese and Spinach Muffins Recipe
These flourless spinach muffins are a great way to introduce your toddler to new flavors……and spinach. Every muffin is packed with tons of vitamins, protein, iron and fiber. A yummy, and healthy toddler snack idea!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 10 oz box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook the onions for 4 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute then set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and stir in ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Stir in spinach, salt and cooled onion and garlic mixture.
- Pour the mixture into lightly greased mini muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the filling is set and golden on top.
Makes about 24 mini muffins.