Celebrate your cousins with these cousin quotes, funny sayings, and poems. Remember, National Cousins Day is on July 24th, and we’ve included some fun ideas for celebrating cousin’s day, too!!
Reach out to your family and cousins, and let them know how much they are loved.[sc: inlinead]
Heartfelt Cousin Quotes for Celebrating Family
Funny Cousin Sayings
Cousin Poems and Birthday Sayings for Cousins
Celebrate National Cousin’s Day on July 24
When is National Cousins Day? National Cousins Day is observed each year on July 24. This is a day for celebrating with family, and letting them know how much you care about them.
Perhaps you only see your cousins at family events, like reunions, holidays, birthday parties, weddings, and all those other family get-togethers. Or maybe your cousin is your lifelong best friend.
National Cousins Day gives you a reason to reach-out, and show them how much they mean to you.
So, is there an Aunt and Uncle Day?
Nope; But maybe there should be! You can certainly use National Cousin’s Day to celebrate along with your Aunts and Uncles. Afterall, you wouldn’t have any cousins if it weren’t for them!
Reach out to your cousins and family on July 24th — or heck, just any old day — and let them know how important they are to you. Post on social media using #NationalCousinsDay.
Fun Ideas for Celebrating National Cousins Day
1Make a Reasons Why We’re Great Cousins Book
Share all your great memories together by creating a fun keepsake gift for your cousin.
2Share a Favorite Family Recipe
Nothing says family like food. Share a family recipe with your cousin and reminisce about all those summers eating homemade mac-n-cheese at Grandma’s house.
3Read About Cousins Day with Your Children
Read a book about cousins with your own kids to instill the importance of family. Often kids will ask you,
Who are My Cousins?
The simple answer: Your Cousins are the Children of Your Aunts and Uncles. This is a great time to share family memories about your own childhood and how you value your own cousins. Pass those family stories along to the next generation!!!
4Just Show Up
Skip the Facebook poke, and Surprise your cousin with an unexpected visit. Ah come on…just show up at their house and give them a big old hug!!!!
Complete List of Cousin Quotes
Sentimental Cousin Sayings
- A cousin is a childhood playmate who grows up to be a forever friend.
- Cousins are connected heart-to-heart. Distance and time can’t keep them apart.
- Cousins by blood. Sisters by heart. Friends by choice.
- Cousins are friends who will love you forever.
- My cousins are shareholders of my soul. – Saswat Padhy
- The bond between cousins cannot be broken. – Lydia Howe, Where Dandelions Grow
Funny Cousin Sayings
- God made us cousins because He knew our mothers couldn’t handle us as siblings.
- Cousins are like Fudge. Mostly Sweet with a Few Nuts.
- Cousins keep the boredom away.
- My dear young cousin, if there’s one thing I’ve learned over the eons, it’s that you can’t give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it. – Rick Riordan, Sea of Monsters
Other Poems and Thoughts about Cousins
What is a Cousin?
A person who is there when you need them;
someone who will catch you when you fall;
a shoulder to cry on;
someone to laugh with;
a cousin is a friend.
A Cousin Just Like You
I just want to let you know
you mean the world to me
Only a heart as dear as yours
would give so unselfishly
The many things you’ve done
all the times that you were there
Help me know deep down inside
how much you really care
Even though I might not say
I appreciate all you do
Richly blessed is how I feel
having a cousin just like you