Grilled Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe with Cheese and Apples
Tastes just like cheese, apple pie and ice cream……only sandwich style. An oozy-gooey, all-American treat to enjoy together as a family!
Made with cinnamon raisin bread and apple butter, this is an ice cream sandwich both kids and parents will love. Serve it this summer—your friends and family will love you.
- 8 slices Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 1/4 cup Apple Butter (or Fresh Granny Smith Apples, thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Ice Cream (or Fat-Free Frozen Vanilla Yogurt)
- Toast bread in toaster.
- For bottoms: Spread on apple butter.
- For tops: Sprinkle on cheese; microwave 10-15 secs to melt cheese.
- Assemble quickly, while toast is still warm.
- Alternative: Use a Panini grill to melt the cheese as a sandwich; Pull sandwich apart, and quickly add in ice cream. Yum!
8 Servings (1/2 sandwich per serving)