A little turkey humor helps fuel a grateful heart! Our collection of Thanksgiving Books for preschool age children help instill an attitude of gratitude…while still bringing smiles and warming hearts.
Find a special book for your family to read each Thanksgiving that children. You’ll be thankful!!
What Makes Thanksgiving Books Special to Young Children
- Instilling gratitude. What does it mean to be thankful? Help children learn the true meaning of “thank you” by reading books that cultivate a spirit of thankfulness and gratitude.
- Turkeys are funny. Let’s face it…..kids love to giggle and laugh at these gobbly, wobbly feathered birds. Fun Fact: Did you know that Benjamin Franklin wanted our national bird to be the Turkey?
- Being nostalgic. From grandma’s pies to holiday football, every family has certain family traditions around Thanksgiving time. Start a holiday collection of Thanksgiving books to read each year as part of your family tradition!
Best Thanksgiving Books for Preschool and Young Children
1. The Grateful Book
2. Grateful: A Song of Giving Thanks
Grateful: A Song of Giving Thanks (The Julie Andrews Collection) by John Bucchino, Anna-Liisa Hakkarainen
A lyrical book about faith, blessings, and being grateful, with beautiful music recording sung by Art Garfunkel, makes a thoughtful gift to share with teachers, friends, and family.
3. Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids
Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids
by Carol McCloud, David Messing
Doing small acts of kindness isn't only for holidays, but about being compassionate and kind EVERY day."
4. Turkey Trouble
5. A Plump and Perky Turkey
6. Cranberry Thanksgiving
by Wende Devlin, Harry Devlin
Parents will remember the beloved story of Mr. Whiskers and Grandmother's Secret Recipe for cranberry bread in this classic book of Thanksgiving friendship.
7. Thanksgiving is for Giving Thanks
Thanksgiving Is for Giving Thanks
by Margaret Sutherland, Sonja Lamut
A simple book about how family, friends, and food are all brought together to celebrate being thankful during the Thanksgiving holiday.